THE EAST BRUNSWICK POLICE
MAY BE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Register for the Upcoming Exam!
• Must be a citizen of the United States, a resident of the State of New Jersey, and possess a valid New Jersey Driver's License at the time of appointment.
• Must be no less than 18 years of age, or more than 35 years of age, at the time of appointment. In accordance with New Jersey Statutes, age exemptions for military service and prior L.E. service may be granted to meet the maximum age standards.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and speak the English language clearly and intelligently.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have visual acuity 20/100 in each eye without artificial correction, 20/30 corrected. Must have normal color perception, depth perception, and peripheral vision. Must have auditory acuity at or below 25db in each ear.
• Must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree or two years of full-time college credits (60 credits) from an accredited college or university or 30 college credits from an accredited college and have completed at least two years of full-time active duty military service with Honorable Discharge (Military service must have been completed within last three years to be eligible for this option). Credits or degrees must be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post-Secondary Education.
• Must be physically capable of meeting the required firearms qualifications mandated by the Attorney General guidelines. Must be psychologically fit to perform all the duties of a police officer. Must meet the requirements set forth in the job description for a police officer and pass a comprehensive background investigation.
• Applicants will be required to show proficiency in writing and basic computer skills.
• Successful candidates will be given conditional offers of employment and then must pass a urinalysis as well as comprehensive medical and psychological examinations.
• Must pass a written examination.
• Must pass a physical fitness indicator test.
Successful candidates who are hired are sent to the Police Academy unless the applicant is appropriately certified by the Police Training Commission (PTC). The police academy is a training program that is approximately 22 weeks long.
Upon successful completion of the Police Academy, officers are assigned to the Patrol Division and to a Field Training Officer for an additional 16 weeks
THE TOWNSHIP OF EAST BRUNSWICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER