Galloway - Main Campus
Procurement and Contracts (430030)
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package.
11/10/2022 12:00:00 AM
Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600-acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences, and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu.
Faculty and Staff are committed to support Stockton University’s commitment to diversity and strong student-centered vision and mission.
Successful candidates will be required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position.
Direct responsibility for the development of complex and formal publicly advertised solicitations for commodities, services and construction to meet the University's needs utilizing market research as necessary to incorporate best practices. Responsible for working directly with requesting departments for consultation and assistance with development specifications to meet University needs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the development of the University purchasing policies, procedures, and training documents, processing requisitions and change orders, sourcing through all available means, including National Cooperative Contracts, GSA Contracts and NJ state contracts to achieve cost savings, overseeing and supervising Professional Services Specialist and working closely with University staff to educate and resolve issues in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Work directly with requesting departments for consultation and assistance for development of publicly advertised projects for services, commodities and construction to meet the University's needs. Work in compliance with NJ State College Contract Law, Stockton's procedures and all other state statutes and regulations. Draft resulting contracts and oversee through final execution
- Maintain files relating to the publicly advertised projects for inspection by state, including all vendor required forms as required by State College Contract Law and all other state procurement statutes and regulations
- Assist with the development of University purchasing policies and procedures. Identify alternative solutions and process improvements
- Utilize Banner to review and convert requisitions to purchase orders and perform change orders while ensuring compliance with all procurement laws, regulations and University procedures. Other Banner responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, assigning requisitions to Buyers, close-outs and re-opening closed POs
- Respond to department questions and inquiries and assist University staff with understanding applicable laws, rules and policies
- Provide information and expertise in procurement and contracting matters to University colleagues. Respond to requests for information on specific issues related to procurement, vendor and product inquiries, contracts, purchase orders and other related items in a timely manner. Meet with departments and end-users to develop professional relationships and provide education
- Assist department end-users on specific tasks such as National Cooperatives, contracts, State awards, and Banner related functions
- Analyze vendor spends and make recommendations regarding future procurement methods in conjunction with feedback from endusers
- Respond to vendor inquiries and educate them on how to potentially provide goods and/or services to the University; including Request for Proposals and Invitation for Bids. Respond to all relevant OPRA requests concerning procurement matters, and especially for publicly advertised solicitations
- Work closely with members of Budget, Fiscal Affairs and Disbursement Services to resolve issues in the most efficient and effective manner to benefit the end-users
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the Office of Procurement & Contracting website with the intent of making pertinent purchasing information more readily available and easier to access and understand for University members and vendors
- Supervise Professional Service Specialist
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing formal publicly advertised solicitations
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in public procurement, preferably in an institution of higher education
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner, procurement systems or comparable systems in a public or higher education setting
- Experience with Word & Excel or comparable document and spreadsheet software
- Purchasing certifications or training
How To Apply:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- Unofficial transcripts
- A list of three recent professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.